User Interface Engineer (April 2014 – November 2014), FedBid, Inc. – Vienna, VA
Software Developer III (August 2013 – April 2014), Northrop Grumman, under contract to the Topographic Production Capability (TPC), VA
As a Software Developer I worked on designing and developing a new version of the Geospatial Intelligence Framework Web Dissemination platform (GIFWeb) using the open source Content Management System Plone. I worked on creating the initial wireframes used during development, and ensured that GIFWeb was cross-browser compatible. I performed a cost-benefit analysis and author recommendations on upgrading SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013 with 5 different SharePoint venders.
Front-End Developer III (March 2013 – June 2013), Northrop Grumman, Commercial Joint Mapping Toolkit (CJMTK), VA
As a Front-End Developer I worked on updating the Commercial Joint Mapping Toolkit to a more modern front-end look without modifying the backend server code. I used Adobe Proto app to quickly design prototypes to show management, and was able to finalize a design quickly. I used Twitter Bootstrap, and JQuery to quickly develop the layout and theme.
Software Developer III (December 2012 – August 2013), Northrop Grumman, under contract to the Distributed Common Ground System – Army (DCGS-A), VA
Front-End Developer III (November 2012 – December 2012), Northrop Grumman, Internal Research and Development (IRAD), VA
As a Front-End Developer I worked on creating wireframes, prototypes and style guides for an internal Northrop Grumman research program. These were built using Adobe Proto App, Twitter Bootstrap, and JQuery.
Multimedia Designer III (September 2011 – November 2012), Northrop Grumman, under contract to the Intelligence Community, VA
As a Multimedia Designer I worked on classified projects, using Zend Studio 9, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator to design websites that are cross-browser compatible and comply with the usability, accessibility standards set by the World Wide Web Consortium. These websites where built using frameworks such as, Yahoo YUI 2.0, Joomla, WordPress, and Zend Frameworks. Additionally I used Adobe After Effects to develop a short demo of various projects supported.
- Provided design considerations and inputs during initial products requirements meetings.
- Provided multiple design options highlighting elements that meet customers’ goals.
- Efficiently transferred product requirements into a working viewable product.
- Successfully deployed multiple product releases days ahead of scheduled release.
- Established working rapport with customers to develop their product vision.
- Posed relevant questions driving towards solutions to design problems during product development.
- Created and maintained descriptive documentation for hours spent on tasks.
- Provided regular milestone samples of products, highlighting design issues.
Graphics Artist (February 2011 – April 2011), DUA Computer Resources, under contract to Lockheed-Martin within the Intelligence Community, VA
As a member of a six-person Office of Corporate Communications graphics team working on both classified and unclassified projects, I used Adobe InDesign to design media products such as posters, brochures, retirement ceremony programs and event advertisements for plasma displays, web images, newsletters, logos, and publications. I consulted with clients throughout the Intelligence Community on their project requirements and design ideas. I worked on 42 projects. Significant projects included:
- Designed three graphics for the celebration of the Army’s birthday, creating a unified design for posters, web graphics, and plasma displays.
- Designed a new event logo for a Support Team Conference to be used to advertise the event.
- Designed a new Seal/Logo for the Office of the Inspector General.
- Designed a poster collage to be given to members of the Deployment team.
CSR/ ITO Svc Delivery Rep III - NMCI Field Services - Help Desk (July 2009 – February 2011), PSI Pax, Inc. under contract to HP Enterprise Services/ HP Enterprise Services on the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) contact – Dahlgren, VA
- Provided exceptional technical support for the computer NMCI customer, resolving tickets within the required NMCI timeframe of 14 days. Followed up with customers to make sure the issues were fully resolved. Commended for giving exceptional customer service.
- Improved workflow to increase my productivity and took on additional tasks to improve my skills.
- Placed orders for replacement parts and installed the parts.
- Successfully completed the HP and Dell Workstation and Laptop certifications.
Graphic Specialist II (October 2007 – June 2009), Logistic Services International, under contract to L-3 Communications – D.P. Associates Inc. working for the U.S. Marine Corps on interactive courseware for KC-130J maintenance personnel – Havelock, NC
- Synthesized highly complex and diverse information from subject matter experts into graphics to be used in lessons.
- Received Quality Assurance Award recognition for producing high-quality graphics and an outstanding work ethic.
- Collaborated with other team members to design effective workflows and procedures to decrease production time and decrease the amount of rework. Helped other team members with graphic issues.
Information Technology Specialist (September 2002 – June 2007)
Various IT support positions while attending college.